Boracay in Aklan Philippines has now been considered one of the World’s popular beaches and favorite tourist destination. It has also been a popular spot for some important and big events. Like the Asian Windsurfing Tour and with the week-long Boracay International Funboard Cup competition generally being held on Bulabog Beach every month of January. The two popular Boracay beaches are White Beach (main tourism Beach) and the Bulabog Beach (windsurfing and kite boarding area).
Area: 10.32 square kilometers (400 hectares is for preserved forest land;; 628.96 hectares is for agricultural land)
Location: Aklan Philippines, region 6. 315 kilometers south of Manila; 2 kilometers off the northwest tip of Panay Island in Western Visayas
Barangays (Villages, Districs or Wards): Manoc-Manoc, Balabag, and Yapak (3 of the 17 barangays which make up the municipality of Malay)
Boracay Beach Resorts:
There are more than 300 beach resorts, restaurants, hotels and bars to choose from in Boracay Island as it has been known as a perfect getaway place. It already has everything you need on a perfect spot for relaxation, enjoying, partying and having a perfect vacation. There are also choices to choose from in terms of the accommodation; from luxurious to budget type.
Boracay Airlines Going to Caticlan Airport (Godofredo P. Ramos Airport)
Recommended Airport/route because it is only 2-5 minutes land transfer from Airport going to the Boat Jetty
- SOUTH EAST ASIAN AIRLINES (SEAIR), 35 Minutes Flight to Boracay, newest airplanes with one of the lowest prices for Boracay flights.
- ASIAN SPIRIT AIRLINES, 1 hour flights to Boracay, flights going to Caticlan daily.
- INTERISLAND AIRLINES, 1 hour flight to Caticlan Boracay, Only jet aircraft to Boracay
Boracay Airlines Going to Kalibo Airport
2 hour land transfer from Airport to Boat Jetty by bus
- CEBU PACIFIC AIRLINES, 1 hour flights to Kalibo Airport, 150 passenger jet aircraft
- Philippines Airlines, 1 hour flights to Kalibo Airport, 150 passenger jet aircraft
- AIR PHILIPPINES AIRLINES, 1 hour flights to Kalibo Airport, 150 passenger jet aircraft
Manila to Caticlan – 12 to 16 hours of travel time.
- MBRS Lines
- Negros Navigation
- Super Ferry
Philtranco and Bachelor Express which is from Cubao or Pasay of Manila. 2 hours travel; south of Manila.
*When you arrive at Caticlan Airport, motorized boats (banca) will be there to be of service. Cagban Jetty Port is the disembarking point.