Your great green adventure starts here at Bojo River in Aloguinsan Cebu. Aloguinsan has a town population of about 27,000 residents. It is located on the western seaboard of Cebu, facing the the island of Negros. From Cebu City, it is 72 kilometers (via Toledo City) and 58 kilometers via Carcar City.
Experience a slice of authentic Cebuano culture in Bojo, a river village two kilometers from the town center. Local fishermen anf their families are protecting the Bojo River Nature Reserve, which includes the 1.4 kilometer-long Bojo river and its riparian zone – home to about 61 bird species and remarkable native flora. Local guides will padlle you down the river in a traditional baroto, while they interpret the river’s rich natural and cultural heritage. If you want to trek, a 400 meter long boardwalk cutting across a mangrove forest and a 150 step natural trail carved on a hillside will bring you to a gazebo overlooking the river landscape.
How to go to get there:
Transport and tours are available in Cebu City.
1. You can take a V-hire (van for hire)
2. Rent-a-car, or a bus, going to Toledo City (Cebu South Bus Terminal in Cebu City)
3. Public Buses (Cebu South Bus Terminal in Cebu City)
4. Bring your own transportation and take the Pinamungajan or Toledo City or the Awayan, Carcar routes via Valencia route with the same estimated travel time.
Travel time: approximately 1 to 2 hours
Citilink to Toledo Terminal
Toledo to Aloguinsan
Citilink to Pinamungajan
Pinamungahan to Aloguinsan
South Bus Terminal to Carcar
Carcar to Aloguinsan
Tour Packages for the Bojo River Eco-Cultural Tour
Duration: 3 hours
5 persons – Php800.00/head
6-10persons – Php550.00/head
11-15pax – Php530.00/head
16-20pax – Php500.00/head
20-30pax – Php480.00/head
30-50pax – Php450.00/head
Package includes orientation and lecture on mangroves, ecology and bird wildlife lecture, handicraft (mat-weaving) demo, a buffet lunch and a snack (cool drink and freshly-baked salvaro, a native pastry) and a cruise down the river. The tour is organized by the Bojo Aloguinsan Ecotourism Association (BAETAS).
Schedule: Daily and depends on the tide.
The money you paid goes directly to the local communities who run the tours. It funds environmental protection projects, income for the families, subsidy for their children’s education and funding for basic services in the community. Thus, it will help communities to be sustaining and self reliant.
Al Maxi Apartelle
- It is a pension house with 3 units.
- Every unitn has its own living room, kitchen, toilet and bath.
- Rate is 1,200 per unit per day (4 persons max per unit)
- Contact number: 0910 429 9687
- Located in a leafy street
- Two-story house has 4 rooms with a common living room, dining room, kitchen and toilet and bath
- Rates: P2,800 per day for entire house
- A native house-inspired building a few minutes from the town center
- 3 bedrooms with a common living room, dining room, kitchen and toilet and bath
- Rates: 1,200 pesos per day for entire house or P350 per room per day (2 persons max per room)
- Contact no.: +63 32 4699066
- room: 600 pesos good for two
- you can cook outside the room, common CR and no running water but beach and location is nice.
They have other beaches but it’s reachable by bangka only, remote and secluded and NO facilities even bed. You have to bring your own tents and other stuff. If you are up for adventure then this place is for you.